A blog dedicated to MMOGAMERS and their ideas and bring the MMO gaming community together.

Rift from day 1!

So I was playing for a few hours last night and I made a character on Freeholme with the guardians.  I typically like to start out being the idea good guy.  Named my character TheeOx.  Out of the three choices human, dwarf, or High elf I picked elf.  Mainly for the flying.  Don't get the words confused though.  What it really amounts to is out of combat controlled distance jumping.  On a short cooldown.  Not sure of the usefulness just yet because its not an escape tool when out of combat but I guess it could be used to pounce someone. 

My basics thoughts so far for this game is that is does have a nice clean setup for pve and it looks really great!  The fighting style is a bit boring at first (I picked a warrior). But that should change as I tailor my character.  I recommend getting the collectors addition because the extra bag space in itself will become useful. 

Talents are put between 3 souls, you get 3 original souls from quests right at the beginning.  Later on you can switch them out to make a customized class.  I'm not sure yet but I'm pretty sure you can combine the mage, rogue, cleric or warrior together later.  For now I've only been given the choice of warrior souls.  I base this belief though off of weapon suggestions. 
    
As a correction to this you do not have access to interchanging your class.  Just the 8 souls you have to choose from in your class and the PvP build.  So there is still alot of room for your own build choce but limited only by your class.  Sorry for the over excitment. :) 

Combat is pretty easy to get into and the controls are basically built off of a typical MMO control.  You run out of buttons really fast though and I need to look into what I can do with the UI.  Otherwise it's a pretty clean game and if you want to get away from the cartoonie look of WoW this game is great!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
I AM MMOGAMER © 2010 | Designed by Trucks, in collaboration with MW3, Broadway Tickets, and Distubed Tour